Ralf Rangnick Calls Out Manchester United’s Board

ADVERTISEMENT

The manager of Manchester United, Ralf Rangnick has revealed the conversation he had with the board of directors at Old Trafford during the January transfer window.

The German was speaking at a press conference ahead of the club’s Premier League game against Brighton and Hove Albion on Saturday, May 7th, 2022. According to Rangnick, he told Manchester United’s board that he needed a striker during the winter transfer window but they did not give in to his request.

We lost three strikers, long-term. We should have tried to sign a player in the 48 hours we had in January since we knew Mason Greenwood wouldn’t be available and Anthony Martial had already left on loan. There were a few options that were interested in January, Diaz, who is now at Liverpool; Alvarez, who will be at Manchester City in the summer; and Vlahovic, who at the time was still with Fiorentina. The answer was ‘no’ and that was it. I spoke to the board and told them ‘shouldn’t we at least speak & analyse and find if we can at least get a player, on loan or permanent deal?. In the end, the answer was no.

Rangnick will move to the role of consultancy next season while Dutchman, Erik Ten Hag will be in charge of the Red Devils from the end of this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

SHARE THIS

TAGS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *